WorldQuant Predictive (WQP) provides a portfolio of configurable predictive solutions built for the Business Analyst via our proprietary ML cloud-based platform, QuantoTM. Quanto solutions are powered by thousands of models created by WQP data scientists from 3rd-party commercial and public data sources and refined through our global network of researchers. Business users interact with vertical use case-specific Quanto solutions to forecast outcomes, simulate scenarios and optimize decisions to drive positive business impact.
WQP was founded by Igor Tulchinsky. One of our core philosophies is that talent is distributed around the world – and cross-fertilization of great ideas from dispersed talent can lead to great solutions and innovative technologies. This philosophy is realized in our culture of collaboration and open exchange of ideas spanning multiple geographies and disciplines. WorldQuant Predictive is a separate entity from WorldQuant, LLC, a global quantitative asset management firm.
● As part of the Data Acquisition function, responsible for alternative data discovery, market research, and commercial data procurement
● Contributes to and supports evolving strategic vision and operating model for the Data Acquisition function and the wider Solutions team
● Works with others across Solutions, Marketing, Research, Product, Customer Success and Engineering to define, assess and prioritize data discovery use cases in support of solution development
● Partners with Sales, Marketing and Product Management on selected market and user research
● Contributes to ongoing and new user research projects and solution validation with market participants, including the definition and identification of user personas and business problem validation, in order to narrow down alternative data requirements specific to chosen use cases and solutions
● Manages communication with commercial data providers, including requests for data samples and metadata
●Manages and oversees data integration, exploratory data analysis, feature engineering and signal detection as part of first pass testing and deeper data testing for prospective new data sources
● Runs simple data queries and tests as part of the initial steps of onboarding and investigating new datasets
● Partners with the Signal Factory and Global Research Network to prioritize and manage data testing efforts
● Manages the repository of existing datasets already onboarded within WorldQuant Predictive, making them searchable and available for further exploration, experimentation and modeling to support the construction and launching of new use cases and solutions
● Maintains understanding of the external alternative data landscape and mapping of data vendors, sources and types of data to use cases
● Supports customer onboarding, customer service and sales discussions as alternative data expert
● 4-6 years of professional work experience in a data sourcing, data analyst or business analyst capacity
● Proven experience collaborating with analytical engineers, data engineers and data scientists
● Working knowledge of SQL and at least one visualization software (e.g. Tableau, Power BI) is a big plus
● Strong analytical skills with experience driving problem-solving sessions, structuring research questions and formulating hypotheses
● Knowledge of basic concepts and approaches in Machine Learning
● Confident communicator, comfortable leading discussions with data vendors and technical team members
● Intellectually curious and enjoys creative problem-solving
● Ability to thrive in a flexible, non-hierarchical and collaborative environment.
● Comfort with ambiguity and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, highly entrepreneurial start-up environment
● Experience in any of the following industries is an advantage: Retail, CPG, Healthcare or Financial Services
● Alignment with WQP’s culture and values which fosters collaboration, innovation, creative thinking and leadership
WorldQuant Predictive Technologies LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation or preference, age, marital status, citizenship, national origin, disability, military status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or any other protected characteristic as established by applicable law.