WorldQuant Predictive has recently launched the Global Research Network, a global community of external research consultants who build predictive models for our internal and client problems.
We are looking for a multi-talented, intellectually curious, and process-minded individual to manage and grow our Global Research Network. As a Research Network Manager, you will be primarily working closely with our external research consultants to manage their output, and collaborating with our data scientists, engineers and business colleagues across the company to translate problems for the Global Research Network to work on.
This is a key new role in our company, and your contributions will directly influence and impact realization of firm goals, shaping our model pool to improve our Prediction Products as well as growing and fostering our model production capability and capacity. This role will also afford ample visibility across the Research organization and span a wide range of data science use cases across multiple problem types like time-series forecasting, regression, classification, natural language processing and others, and multiple application areas in healthcare, retail, etc.
- Collaborating with use case owners to take business requirements and translate them into research problems.
- Creating formal problem specifications (including how models are tested and evaluated) for those research problems for use with our model development and deployment platform.
- Creating benchmark models for the research problems.
- Engaging with research consultants, providing problem support and direction as needed.
- With senior stakeholders and feedback from research consultants, refining the Global Research Network workstream to optimize engagement and quality of work produced.
- Helping with technical requirements planning for new features and improvements to our internal platform as part of workstream development.
- Managing the evaluation process for Global Research Network candidates.
- Scale up and keep healthy the group of Researchers belong to Global Research Network.
- Responsible for admin tasks of Global Research Network (e.g. onboarding, contracts, financial terms, legal).
- Creation and maintenance how we leverage the Global Research Network in client projects (e.g. technical and legal aspects to share data, handling intellectual property, scoping the areas where Global Research Network has the highest added value to the projects).
- 2+ years of experience in data science.
- Knowledge of intermediate concepts and approaches in Machine Learning.
- Experience in building models using Python/R. Python is our shared language, so experience with Python is a big plus.
- Experience working with Data Scientists and Data Analysts.
- Confident communicator who is comfortable with technical discussions.
- Would enjoy interacting with and fostering development of our online community of research consultants.
- Intellectually curious.
- Ability to thrive in a flexible, non-hierarchical and collaborative environment.
- Excellent problem solver.
Individuals seeking employment at WQP are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.