As a Senior Data Scientist you will support one or more of our Prediction Products using data manipulation (Python/R/SQL), feature extraction, model building, use of our Quanto™ Platform and products, and whatever else Product, Delivery and Research teams need to be successful.
- Responsible for robust and effective prediction models based on statistics and machine learning algorithms for business problems in Python or R
- Responsible for contributing directly to client projects with advanced data analytics and machine learning algorithms
- Responsible for framing prediction problems, building and maintaining machine learning models, producing and delivering valuable insights to clients
- Responsible for explaining complex concepts using effective and simple terms even for non-technical team members and customers
- Responsible for setting up our methodologies and quantitative models
- Responsible for maintenance and test of quantitative models
- Responsible for research and evaluation of new methods, models and data sources to generate business value
- Responsible for collaborating to development of data science and data analytics pipelines as needed
- 3+ years of professional work experience in data science.
- Competency in artificial intelligence or machine learning techniques, statistics, and mathematical modeling.
- Hands-on experience with implementation of Machine Learning algorithms in Python/R.
- Working knowledge of handling large amounts of data (structured/unstructured)
- Experience in data wrangling using SQL/Python/R. Python is our shared language, so experience with Python is a big plus.
- Experience in client-facing data science projects is a big plus
- Experience in any of the following industries is an advantage: Retail, FMCG, Healthcare, Telecom.
- Confident communicator, comfortable leading discussions with non-technical team members and clients.
- Intellectually curious and enjoys creative problem-solving.
- Ability to thrive in a flexible, non-hierarchical, and collaborative environment.
- Comfort with ambiguity associated with fast-paced project work.
- Alignment with WQP’s culture and values which fosters collaboration, innovation, creative thinking, and leadership
Individuals seeking employment at WQP are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.